Best Compatible USB Wireless Adapter for Kali Linux | Top Reviews
The Kali Linux is a type of an Operating System. It is specially made for the professionals of the security and penetrating systems. Not all the WiFi adapters work with Kali Linux. So, the choice of the best wireless adapter for Kali Linux is like finding a pin in the grass. The drivers and chipset of the WiFi adapter decide whether it will be compatible with Kali Linux or not. Below is the list of the best wireless adapter for Kali Linux. Check it and choose your most suitable and Linux compatible WiFi adapter.
USB Wireless Adapter for Kali Linux
1) Panda PAU05 N USB Wireless Adapter for Kali Linux
The Panda PAU05 wireless adapter will upgrade your current system to the latest wireless standard 802.11n. It will help to make your Kali Linux system easily communicate with the 802.11n WiFi router at home, office, etc.
- It works with any system with 1GB memory, 1GHz processing speed, and a USB port
- Gives a super wireless speed of up to 300Mbps
- Both the infrastructure and ad-hoc modes are supported by it
- It uses RT3070 chipset which is perfectly compatible with Kali Linux
- Also, works on Raspberry Pi device which is a big plus
- Doesn’t come with antenna, so you will not get good signals at long range
- Not as powerful as Alfa
2) TP-Link N150 TL-WN722N Wireless High Gain USB Adapter
If the TP-Link products are favorite for you, then you will love this TL-WN722N wireless adapter for Kali Linux. It uses the RT3572 chipset which is also used by Alfa AWUS036NHA WiFi adapter. It will give you an experience of an interruption-free performance.
- The Align-1 stream technology will give you a robust wireless connection in your small room or office
- The Quick Secure Setup (QSS) function with the WPS standards will give you a worry-free WiFi security
- It uses Atheros AR9271 chipset which is completely compatible with Kali Linux and windows 10
- A 4dBi omnidirectional antenna gives you a long range of wireless signal
- Affordable price
- 2-year company warranty and 24/7 technical support
- 150Mbps speed is good, but only a half of 300Mbps given by Panda PAU05
- Not compatible with Apple (OS X) 10.12, or Linux 3.18 or after
- Only works on 2.4GHz band
3) Panda Ultra PAU03 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter
By providing a speed of 150Mbps, compatibility to the latest 802.11g network, and WEP security make the Panda Ultra N USB WiFi adapter a good choice for Kali Linux OS. The PAU03 helps you to wirelessly connect your device with any router supported by 802.11g/n standard at your home, office, or anywhere.
- Compatible with a range of Operating Systems including Kali Linux, Windows, Mac OS, etc.
- It consumes low power which helps to extend the battery life
- It backwardly compatible with the wireless 2.4GHz 802.11g networks
- Supports both AMD and Intel CPUs
- 1GHz processing speed, 1GB RAM, and a USB port is enough to use the Panda PAU03
- Nano size will not disturb other USB ports
- RaLink chipset works fine with Kali Linux with a kernel module rt5370sta
- It will not work on 5GHz wireless band
- 1-year limited warranty is somewhat uummmmmm… limited!
- 150Mbps speed is specified, but can’t get constant rate when tested
4) Alfa AWUS036NHA USB Wireless Adaptor
This is the best wireless adapter for Kali Linux from Alfa. The AWUS036NHA is a top-quality b/g/n USB WiFi adapter which works with the 5GHz band. It uses the same chipset of Atheros AR9271 like TP-Link TL-WN722N.
- You do not need to install it after plugged into the device; it will automatically detect the setup
- Even if it gets low signals from the router, it will give you the reliable connection and speed
- The Atheros AR9271 is the best chipset for wireless penetration testing
- Compatible with any wireless band which allows you to use it with a wide range of devices and WiFi standards
- The 4-inch 5dBi swivel antenna gives you a longer range of wireless signals; you can also upgrade it
- 28 dBm transmission power is good enough
- A few users got it with a broken case, so the quality of design is questioned
- Sometimes, it comes with a locked EEPROM which is not acceptable
5) Alfa AWUS051NH 500mW High Gain WiFi Network Adapter
The Alfa AWUS051NH is a powerful WiFi adapter for Kali Linux which uses the RT3572 chipset. Though it is not powerful as AWUS036NHA is, it is also a popular USB adapter for the Kali Linux users.
- Compatible with both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz wireless frequency bands
- Up to 300Mbps high-speed data transfer rates
- Supports all types of wireless data encryption protocols including AES, WEP, WPA, WPA2, and TKIP
- It has support for the 802.11a/b/g/n wireless network
- Comes with 5dBi/9dBi rubber antenna for an extended range of wireless signals
- FCC compliant
- Comes as a clip window mount to attach your device easily
- Not as good as AWUS036NHA adapter for receiving signals
- It is specified for two but comes with only one antenna
Comparison of USB Wireless Adapter for Kali Linux
||Kali Linux, Windows, Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS
||Kali Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Linux Kernal
||Kali Linux, Windows
||IEEE 802.11 g/n
||IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
||IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
||WEP, WPA, WPA2
||WPS, 64/128-bit WEP
||WPA/WPA2, IEEE802.1x, 64/128-bit WEP
When you install Kali Linux on your Desktop or Laptop, and if you try to connect it through the built-in wireless card but can’t do so due to not recognized by Kali Linux, then you need a Linux compatible WiFi adapter. The above list of the best wireless adapter for Kali Linux reviews will help you to get one which is most suitable for you. Any of the above wireless adapters will work with Kali Linux.
Choosing the right adapter is always a mind straining task as you have to check with your set up. For example, if you are using Windows 10 with VMware to run the Kali Linux, then you should go with the wireless adapter that is compatible with Windows 10.